What You Need To Know About Choosing a Website Maintenance Company
As a website maintenance company, we regularly see instances in which small businesses owners insist their online investment is complete once they've had their business website designed, developed, and pushed live. In fact, those are just the first steps in establishing and growing an business online.
For the sake of search engine rankings, online marketing, increased conversions, and positive visitor experiences, website content must be maintained and kept fresh on a regular basis.
It's important. But BOY is it time consuming.
Though this concept is simple and though it's easy for website owners to promise themselves that maintaining their websites will be a top priority... we watch as nine times out of ten website maintenance drops off our clients' radars. Life happens. Kids get sick. It was your annual vacation time. Your relatives are staying after the holidays. A family member becomes ill. It's an extra-busy month at work.
At the end of the day, your bills need to be paid, your kids need to be fed, you need to serve your customers. If you're not able to set aside time to maintain your website today, there's always tomorrow. And the next day. And the day after that...
While this work is critical to your site's success, working with our company for website maintenance isn't a fit for everyone:
In other words: you're super-busy as it is. You understand website maintenance is important, but it takes time. You don't have extra time.
A cost effective alternative to trying to plan and execute website maintenance yourself: find a website maintenance company that can take on that responsibility for you. (Oh, someone like our Colorado website maintenance company, you ask? Why yes.)
Hiring a professional web maintenance company allows business owners to save time and continue serving their customers without dealing with the hassle or stress associated with website work.
Common website maintenance services
Website maintenance tasks can be very time consuming. Some of the main tasks a web maintenance company can perform for you include:
- Ensuring your product (or service) descriptions and prices remain accurate
- Reviewing your website statistics to determine if any serious problems have developed (broken links, reduced browsing times, reduced conversions)
- Keeping your blog updated with relevant, fresh articles
- Responding to blog comments
- Updating your company's latest news, press releases, success stories, testimonials, case studies, events calendar, and portfolio entries
- Adding new products (e.g., adding new rental homes for a lodging company website)
- Inserting new photography
- Promoting new specials, deals, or sales
- Posting company newsletters
- Archiving content as it becomes older (moving it to another section of the website)
- Devising an effective website visitor and customer feedback plan
- Maximizing your search engine positioning (Search engine optimization, link building, keyword research)
- Website copywriting
- Checking for and fixing any broken links
A good web maintenance company will help you develop the plan that fits your needs, resources, and budget. Do keep in mind though, that many reputable maintenance company will require an ongoing, monthly relationship and won't be able to do one-off changes for you affordably.
Selecting a web maintenance company that's right for you
Choose a reliable company to maintain your site using the following guidelines. To avoid wasting time or money, ensure that:
- You understand how the company's website maintenance pricing
- You are clear on exactly what services they will provide.
- They'll help you develop a clear and straightforward website maintenance plan that you understand.
- The company has years of experience providing timely and regular expert maintenance for business websites.
- The people performing the web maintenance are seasoned professionals with years of experience.
- The company reputation is sound. They have loads of happy clients and can provide client testimonials or references for you to look into before making your decision.
Maintenance means far more than up-to-date content...
When prospects search for the services and products your business provides, you want the search engines to point them to your site, not your competition's. Website maintenance to the rescue: fast website speeds and relevant, regularly-updated content have both been proven to improve websites' search engine rankings.
- Maintaining a website can be extremely time consuming and sometimes tedious work.
- Hiring the right web maintenance company can save you time and money
- Choosing a reliable, trustworthy company will bring you peace of mind and reduce your stress